- 14-Mar-2017 to 30-Apr-2017 (PST)
- Salinas, CA, USA
- Full Time
Ecology Action is seeking two bilingual (Spanish) field team leaders to join our residential water conservation efforts. These full time positions are subject to continued program funding and are currently scheduled to run from May, 2017 through May, 2019.
Two Field Team Leaders will be responsible for supporting implementation of the WaterLink residential outreach program, funded by the California Department of Water Resources. Major job duties during spring, summer and fall, will include performing free, direct installation of low-flow faucet aerators for kitchen and bathroom sinks and low-flow shower heads in houses and apartments while providing guidance to the outreach team of up to eight employees; planning and communicating the schedule and location of field team direct installation work; inventorying and maintaining field team tools and equipment; and establishing and maintaining relationships with multi-family property owners and managers. Major job duties during the winter will include performing free direct installation of low-flow pre-rinse spray valves and faucet aerators in restaurants and grocery stores.
- Assist DWR Project Manager in interviewing and hiring up to eight field team members.
- Collaborate with DWR Project Manager and other Field Team Leader in developing outreach strategies to achieve program goals.
- Meet weekly with DWR Project Manager to provide updates and problem-solve as needed.
- Scout outreach areas and map daily route using Geopointe. Assign routes to team members based on neighborhood demographics and team member availability.
- In teams of two, find residents willing to participate in the program by knocking on doors and talking to residents about the program. Once invited into a home, install low-flow sink aerators in kitchens and bathrooms, install shower heads, and check faucets and toilets for leaks.
- Supply outreach team with the equipment and information necessary to begin each shift.
- Ensure that team members follow safety protocols and maintain a high standard of professionalism and efficiency.
- Support and communicate with team members in the field to assess progress and maintain team cohesion.
- Respond professionally to conflicts and complaints from outreach staff and property owners/renters and help find acceptable solutions.
- Ensure that field team members track installation metrics accurately and maintain records of customer permission forms using mobile devices.
- Provide report of daily progress to DWR Project Manager.
- Keep an inventory of equipment and marketing materials on hand. Alert DWR Project Manager when supplies need to be reordered.
- Answer customer information hotline and schedule appointments with residents by request.
- Contact multi-family property managers to promote the program and schedule timing of direct installation work.
- Assess eligibility for single-family and multi-family customers to be a recipient of high efficiency washers and hot water heaters.
- Coordinate WaterLink installations with community volunteers through the Neighborhood Leader Program.
- During the winter, independently find restaurants and grocery stores willing to participate in our commercial program and perform installations of spray valves and faucet aerators.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bilingual Spanish language speaking skills required
- Two or more years managing employees or volunteers, including working planning and scheduling
- Availability to work early evenings and all day Saturday, as the project must connect with residents when they are home
- Ability to work collaboratively with field team to fulfill daily requirements with minimal supervision
- Comfortable using/learning to use household tools
- Ability to use a tablet computer and Microsoft Office programs, email, and scheduling tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Valid California Class C Drivers license, a reliable personal vehicle available to haul equipment and meet potential participants at their home (mileage reimbursement provided), and current automobile insurance
- At least one year of experience working in sales, environmental public education and/or community organizing
- Familiarity with neighborhood and community service groups and leaders in the Monterey Bay Area, especially Salinas Valley and Watsonville
- Strong understanding of water efficiency and/or energy efficiency measures and technologies for homes
- Bachelors' degree (or working toward a degree) in the area of Environmental Studies, Physical Sciences, Social Marketing, Business, Education, Communications, or related field
- Experience and comfort working with database programs such as Salesforce
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will walk outdoors through neighborhoods for a significant portion of the work day, five days a week. The employee will regularly be required to sit, stand, walk up to 1/2 mile per day, walk up and down stairs, talk and hear, and use a tablet computer. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: Generally, the work environment is in under-resourced residential neighborhoods and homes. Occasional work will be performed in an office setting
Compensation: Ecology Action offers a competitive hourly rate (starting at $21.50 per hour depending on experience) and a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision and flexible spending benefits; a 401k-retirement plan with a 4% match; and group life insurance. Driving an insured personal vehicle on company business is required, and mileage reimbursement is provided at the Federal rate.
More About Us
Ecology Action is an award-winning non-profit consultancy that provides innovative solutions to the energy, water, and transportation challenges of cities, governments, and utilities across California. We have four decades of experience helping people make simple yet profound changes that have big environmental impact. We believe that when individuals and businesses make simple changes in their behavior they drive large scale changes that benefit people and the planet. This translates into reduced carbon emissions, stronger businesses, healthier communities and a sustainable future for all. Together, we help people, businesses and communities act now.
Ecology Action believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success and should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description outlines primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but is not intended to be a comprehensive description of job responsibilities. We expect each employee to offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Ecology Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as an employee for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Ecology Action does not offer a company paid relocation program.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!