- 17-Mar-2017 to 30-Apr-2017 (PST)
- Hayward, CA, USA
- Full Time
This fulltime position is subject to program funding and is currently scheduled to run from May, 2017 to February, 2018.
Ecology Action is seeking a collaborative, highly organized, and detail-oriented Installation Project Manager to support implementation of a California Department of Water Resources (DWR) Water-Energy Grant program, which will implement water/energy retrofits projects in under-resourced communities in Santa Clara, San Mateo, and Alameda Counties. The Installation Project Manager will be responsible for managing multiple direct installation contractors performing work in single and multi-family residences and commercial restaurants. Major job responsibilities include management of direct installation work performed by contractors, establishing and maintaining relationships with clients and property owners, preparing water/energy savings analysis for quarterly and annual reports, and ensuring successful completion of direct installation projects performed by contractors and equipment vendors.
- Develop and obtain signed project agreements from residential and commercial property owners and/or managers to collaborate on water/energy efficiency upgrades.
- Coordinate direct installations with contractors and/or leasing companies to install Energy Star high-efficiency commercial clothes washers and hot water recirculation pump controls at multi-family facilities.
- Coordinate direct installations with contractors to install Energy Star high-efficiency clothes washers and hot water heaters at single-family homes.
- Coordinate direct installations with vendors and leasing companies, to upgrade commercial dishwashers to Energy Star Tier 2 models.
- Manage (independently) relationships with multiple clients and subcontractors.
- Implement all activities necessary to secure contractors for each project installation type, including developing request for qualifications (RFQ), advertising contract opportunity, selecting contractors for each project type, awarding contract(s), and issuing notices to proceed.
- Ensure contractor registration and compliance with Department of Industrial Relations.
- Provide supervision of contractor's work, address contractor questions, review and update project schedules, obtain notice of completion for each project, and process contractor payment requests.
- Develop and execute detailed and effective implementation and management plans.
- Collaborate with Spanish- and Vietnamese-speaking project teams for successful implementation.
- Order materials and equipment to support direct installation project teams.
- Generate all client-required and internal reporting.
- Analyze and produce reports on water/energy savings from direct implementation measures utilizing project tracking systems in Salesforce.
- Analyze budget, goal attainment, and cost-effectiveness.
- Identify site-specific innovative technologies and delivery approaches.
- Represent Ecology Action at various industry meetings, workshops and related functions.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned to meet department and company goals.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- College level course work, or a bachelors' or higher degree in the area of Environmental Studies, Engineering, Physical Sciences, Social Marketing, Business, Education, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years' experience managing multiple contractors and projects. Successful candidate must be capable of functioning independently in managing relationships with clients and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated experience implementing direct installation projects on-time and within budget.
- Strong understanding of water efficiency and/or energy efficiency measures and technologies for single and multi-family homes, and commercial buildings, as well as delivery strategies for retrofits.
- Project management and control fundamentals (work plan, schedule, resourcing and budget management).
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to use standard MS Office products, particularly MS Excel.
- Familiarity with standard cost-effectiveness analysis techniques.
- Familiarity with standard evaluation measurement and verification processes.
- Ability to speak, read, and write proficiently in Spanish and/or East and South Asian languages in a professional setting.
- Experience implementing water efficiency and/or energy efficiency programs.
- Experience using database programs such as Salesforce.
- Community connections for multi-cultural contractor recruiting and program implementation in under-resourced communities in the cities of Hayward, East Palo Alto, Daly City, and Santa Clara.
- Experience with neighborhood canvassing work and/or community organizing.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk and hear, and use a computer keyboard and monitor. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment is an office setting and will include site visits to multi-family residential laundry facilities, commercial kitchens and utility rooms, and single-family homes, which may expose an individual to fumes, airborne particles, loud noise levels, and unpleasant odors. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation: Ecology Action offers a competitive salary and a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision and flexible spending benefits; a 401k-retirement plan with a 4% match; and group life insurance. Driving an insured personal vehicle on company business is required, and mileage reimbursement is provided at the Federal rate.
More About Us
Ecology Action is an award-winning non-profit consultancy that provides innovative solutions to the energy, water, and transportation challenges of cities, governments, and utilities across California. We have four decades of experience helping people make simple yet profound changes that have big environmental impact. We believe that when individuals and businesses make simple changes in their behavior they drive large scale changes that benefit people and the planet. This translates into reduced carbon emissions, stronger businesses, healthier communities and a sustainable future for all. Together, we help people, businesses and communities act now.
Ecology Action believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success and should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description outlines primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but is not intended to be a comprehensive description of job responsibilities. We expect each employee to offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Ecology Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as an employee for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Ecology Action does not offer a company paid relocation program.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!